Thursday, January 18, 2007

Vocational Rehabilitation

If you've been injured on the job or even if you simply have health problems which restrict work activities and you're worried about what work or job you can now do check out the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. It is unlikely you will receive any vocational rehab through a workers comp insurer. Workers comp used to have a more active vocational rehab effort but that has changed so seldom will you be offered voc rehab by the insurance carrier. My experience has been that they simply pay you a settlement or by Final Admission and you are then on your own. This can be especially difficult when you feel you've lost your trade or occupation. If you are permanently and totally disabled from returning to any work then you may also seek Social Security disability benefits or other disability benefits if available. Moreover any resolution of your workers comp case can mean a substantial recovery if it is properly handled by your attorney. But if you simply cannot continue in your line of work yet believe you can work then consider contacting the Colorado Division linked here:

No comments: